1. Check if you need a visa to visit Japan
Persons who DO NOT need a visa
As of July 2017, Japan has Visa Exemption Arrangements with 68 countries and regions.
Check below for the list of countries/regions with visa exemptions (short-term stay): http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/short/novisa.html
For more details about entry visa to Japan, please visit this website.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan: http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/
2. How to apply for a Japanese entry visa
- When you register online for ABU GA, select "YES" for "VISA Required" on Participant Details page.
- A visa application form will be sent to you from the ABU Secretariat by email.
- Please return the following files to the ABU by email (shabana[at]asiavision.org) no later than September 30, 2019:
i) the completed form
ii) scanned copy of your passport
Inquiries regarding visa procedures: Ms. Shabana <shabana[at]asiavision.org>
- Your documents will be prepared by Kinki Nippon Tourist on behalf of NHK, the inviting person/guarantor in Japan.
*Kinki Nippon Tourist Cooperate Business Co, Ltd. (KNT) is the official travel agency assigned for the ABU Tokyo 2019 General Assembly, assigned to support travel-related matters (visa and accommodation).
*KNT may contact you directly when additional information is needed for this process.
- The original copies of the following documents (in Japanese) will be sent to your registered postal address by express courier service from KNT. *P.O. Box address is NOT valid
・Letter of guarantee（身元保証書）
・Letter of reason for invitation（招聘理由書）
・Schedule of stay（滞在予定表）
・Overview of company/organization（会社・団体概要説明書）
・List of visa applicants (if applicable) （査証申請人名簿）
- Submit the original copy of the documents to the Japanese Embassy/Consulate-General with jurisdiction over your place of residence in order to have your entry visa issued.
Location of Japanese Embassies & Consulates :
*In order to have your visa issued in time for your departure, it is strongly recommended that you submit the documents as soon as you receive them.
*In addition to the documents prepared by inviting person/guarantor in Japan, you may be required to present other documents. However, since it is subject to the local situation and the purpose of the visit, please contact your local Embassy/Consulate-General of Japan for details.